Skip navigation

Office of the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar is here to help you with transcripts, academic catalogs, policies on student records and transfer credits, and more. 


Use the course search feature on myWLC to review available courses for current and upcoming semesters; course listings include textbook information.


    Transcripts may be requested online through the National Student Clearinghouse.

    • Note that electronic transcripts may only be sent to recipients through requests made in this manner.

    Transcript requests may only be expedited by requesting that an official electronic version be sent to your recipient.


    A PDF transcript request form may be downloaded using the button below. If this form is used, it must be signed and include payment to the college before the request will be processed.


    • Normal processing time is 1-2 business days.
    • Transcripts will not be released if you have financial obligations to the college.
    • Your written signature is required to release your transcript.
    • There is a fee of $2.00 per official transcript and $1.00 per unofficial transcript. Additional processing fees are assessed to requests made through the National Student Clearinghouse.
      • Official electronic transcripts (with e-delivery) are available by making payment and request through the National Student Clearinghouse.
      • Rush processing of transcripts must be requested through the National Student Clearinghouse. Rushed transcripts may be sent electronically or by FedEx standard overnight delivery (Saturday delivery not available).
      • Rush processing orders placed after 12:00 p.m. will be processed and sent the following business day if the FedEx option is selected.
      • Rush processing is unavailable during holidays or whenever the Office of the Registrar is closed.
      • FedEx cannot deliver to P.O. Boxes. Some recipients have separate delivery addresses for courier services. Please be sure that the recipient of your transcript is able to receive a FedEx document at their mailing address.

    To request transcripts, please mail a Transcript Request Form to the Office of the Registrar or write a letter containing the following information:

    • Your full name. Please include any former name(s).
    • Your social security number.
    • Your date of birth.
    • Your dates of attendance at WLC.
    • Your current address and phone number.
    • The number of transcripts you need and the addresses where you want them sent.
    • Your SIGNATURE!

    Please send your requests to:

    Wisconsin Lutheran College
    Office of the Registrar
    8800 W. Bluemound Road
    Milwaukee, WI 53226


    National Student Clearinghouse logo

    Wisconsin Lutheran College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted online or by mail: National Student Clearinghouse, 2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300, Herndon, VA 20171. 


    Apostille Authentication Request

    Current students and alumni are encouraged to visit the web page of the Office of the Secretary of State for the State of Wisconsin for complete details regarding Apostille authentication. To request Apostille authentication for your academic transcript and/or diploma proceed through the following steps:

    1. Complete the Authentication and Apostille Certificate Order Form from the Wisconsin Secretary of State. Prepare the payment and shipping options as prescribed by the order form.


    2. Complete the appropriate form(s) required by your personal needs:



    • When requesting Apostille authentication, a minimum fee of $100 is charged for requesting a single diploma re-print and transcript. If more are required, add an additional $15 per diploma and $2 per transcript.

    • If you wish to pick up/receive an official transcript and diploma and process the Apostille authentication yourself, only pay the fees indicated on the Transcript Request and Diploma Replacement forms.

    • Transcript and Diploma replacement fees must be paid by personal check or money order, payable to Wisconsin Lutheran College.

    3. Send the following items to the Office of the Registrar at Wisconsin Lutheran College:

    • Your completed Authentication and Apostille Certificate Order Form and appropriate payments for order fees and shipping options, payable to the Secretary of State.

    • Completed Transcript and/or Diploma Replacement Form(s) and appropriate payment, payable to Wisconsin Lutheran College.

    Office of the Registrar
    Wisconsin Lutheran College
    8800 West Bluemound Road
    Milwaukee, WI 53226

    4. Once the Office of the Registrar receives all the required documents and fees, it will produce transcripts/diplomas as requested. Wisconsin Lutheran College will process the academic documents per the instructions given by the Wisconsin Secretary of State and will have them notarized. The notarized documents and Authentication and Apostille Certificate Order Form and payment will be sent to the Wisconsin Secretary of State by first-class mail.

    Once the Secretary of State completes the Apostille authentication process, the document packet will be sent to the address provided on the Authentication and Apostille Certificate Order Form, and shipped according to the postage paid and delivery option selected.


    • Request forms will not be processed if an outstanding balance is owed to the college. 

    • Form processing will be delayed if forms are filled out incorrectly/incompletely, or if appropriate payment has not been made.

    • If you reside outside of the United States, you may request to make payment by wire transfer. For more information, email us at, or call 414.443.8800 and ask to be transferred to the Office of the Registrar.

    • For rush delivery to the Secretary of State, additional fees will apply. For more information, email us at, or call 414.443.8800 and ask to be transferred to the Office of the Registrar.


    National Student Clearinghouse logoVerifications: Wisconsin Lutheran College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted online or by mail: National Student Clearinghouse, 2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300, Herndon, VA 20171.


    Annual Notification

    You will be notified of your Family Education and Privacy Act (FERPA) rights annually by publication in the Student Handbook.


    The following are terms necessary for discussing Wisconsin Lutheran's policy on student records:

    Student: any person who is attending or has attended Wisconsin Lutheran College.

    Educational Records: any record (in handwriting, print, tape, film or other medium) maintained by Wisconsin Lutheran or its agent, which is directly related to a student, except:

    1.     a personal record kept by a staff member, if it is kept in the personal possession of the person who made the record, and information contained in the record has never been revealed to any other person except his/her temporary substitute;

    2.     an employment record of an individual whose employment is not contingent on the fact that he/she is a student, provided that the record is used only in relation to the individual's employment;

    3.     any record maintained by any type of security unit if the record is maintained solely for law enforcement purposes, is revealed only to law enforcement agencies of the same jurisdiction, and the security unit is without access to educational records maintained by the college;

    4.     records maintained by any health care office or division of Student Life if the records are used only for treatment of a student and made available only to those persons providing the treatment;

    5.     an alumni record which contains information about a student after he/she is no longer attending Wisconsin Lutheran College, and the record does not relate to the person as a student.

    Staff Member: any full time faculty member; any member of the teaching staff; any member of the administrative staff.

    College official: a person who is employed by Wisconsin Lutheran College in an administrative, supervisory, academic or research, or support staff position; a person elected to the Board of Regents; a person, such as an attorney or auditor, employed by or under contract with Wisconsin Lutheran College to perform a special task.

    Directory Information

    Wisconsin Lutheran College designates the following items as directory information: student name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletics teams, dates of attendance, degrees and awards received, most recent previous college attended, and photograph. Wisconsin Lutheran College may disclose any of those items without prior written consent, unless notified in writing within five days of the opening of any given semester or summer session.

    Disclosure of Educational Records

    Wisconsin Lutheran College will disclose information from your educational records only with your written consent except:

    1. to college officials who have a legitimate interest in the records. A college official has a legitimate interest if the official is:
    2. with your written consent to officials of another college, upon request, in which you seek or intend to enroll;
    3. to certain officials of the U.S. Department of Education, the Comptroller General, and the state and local education authorities, if connected with certain state or federally supported education programs;
    4. in connection with your request for or receipt of financial aid, as necessary to determine eligibility, amount or conditions of the financial aid, or to enforce the terms and conditions of the aid;
    5. if required by a state law adopted before November 19, 1974, requiring disclosure;
    6. to organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of Wisconsin Lutheran College;
    7. to accredited organizations to carry out their functions;
    8. to your parents who claim you as a dependent for income tax purposes;
    9. to comply with a judicial order or a lawfully issued subpoena;
    10. to appropriate parties in a health or safety emergency.

    Fees for Copies of Records

    The fee for copies will be $1.00 per page plus postage if mailing is required.

    Procedure for Grade Changes

    You may, at any time, consult the instructor about the grades you receive for the work you have done. However, when the final grade assigned in a course is contested, then the following course of action must be followed. This action must be initiated no later than the calendar date fixed for the removal of the "I" (incomplete) grades of the semester or summer session in which the grade was assigned.

    1. You will first consult with the instructor to determine the reasons for the grade. If there are circumstances that make this step impossible, then you should consult with the instructor's division chair. If the instructor is the division chair, you should consult with the Academic Dean.
    2. When you are not satisfied with the reasons given by the instructor, then you must present your case, in writing, to the instructor's division chair. Supporting documentation should include individual grades, course syllabus, grading policy, originals of any graded work, and a copy of your final exam. These should be obtained from the faculty member by the division chair if not in your possession.
    3. If, after examining your request and consulting with the instructor, the division chair finds no grounds for a change in grade, he or she will, within 30 days, inform you in writing that no further investigation or action will be taken. At this point you may appeal to the Academic Dean, who will decide if there is sufficient cause for an appeal. If the division chair determines that the request for changing the final course grade has sufficient justification, the division chair shall request that the instructor change the grade. If the instructor refuses, the division chair shall refer the matter to the Academic Dean.
    4. If the Academic Dean determines that there is sufficient cause for an appeal, he will instruct the Academic Affairs Committee to review the case. Consistent with college grievance procedures (Faculty Handbook 4.4.3), you have the right to appeal decisions to the Academic Affairs Committee. Every effort will be made to maintain strict confidentiality.
    5. The Academic Affairs Committee may proceed from written evidence. It may also consult you and/or your instructor in its review. Both you and your instructor have the right to provide input to the committee for review. The committee also has the right to inquire about grading practices from other students who took the course at the same time. You and/or your instructor may bring your own witnesses in support of your case.
    6. After completing its review, the Academic Affairs Committee will decide either:
    7. If the Academic Affairs Committee recommends a change in grade, the instructor will be asked to make the change. If the instructor refuses, the Academic Dean shall make the change with the provision that the instructor can provide a dissenting opinion as part of the permanent record of the Academic Affairs Committee. Decisions of the Academic Affairs Committee are final.

    Procedure to Inspect Educational Records

    You may inspect and review your educational records upon request. You should submit to the Registrar a written request which identifies as precisely as possible the record or records you wish to inspect. The Registrar will access the record and notify you. Access must be given in 45 days or less from the receipt of the request.

    When a record contains information about more than one student, you may inspect and review only the records which relate to you.

    Right of Wisconsin Lutheran College to Refuse Access

    Wisconsin Lutheran College reserves the right to refuse to permit you to inspect the following records:

    1. the financial statement of your parents;
    2. letters and statements of recommendation for which you have waived your right of access, or which were placed in file before January 1, 1975;
    3. records connected with an application to attend Wisconsin Lutheran College if that application was denied;
    4. those records which are excluded from the FERPA definition of educational records.

    Refusal to Provide Copies

    Wisconsin Lutheran College reserves the right to deny transcripts or copies of records not required to be made available by the FERPA in any of the following situations:

    1. You live within commuting distance of Wisconsin Lutheran College.
    2. You have an unpaid financial obligation to Wisconsin Lutheran College.
    3. There is an unresolved disciplinary action against you.

    Record of Request for Disclosure

    Wisconsin Lutheran College maintains a record of all requests for and/or disclosure of information from your educational records. The record indicates the name of the party making the request, any additional party to whom it may be disclosed, and the legitimate interest the party had in requesting or obtaining the information. The record may be reviewed by you or your parents.

    Types, Locations, and Custodians of Educational Records

    The following is a list of the types of records that Wisconsin Lutheran College maintains, their locations, and their custodians.

    Admissions records: held in the Office of the Registrar by the Registrar.

    Cumulative academic records(current and former students and 5 years after graduation or withdrawal): held in the Office of the Registrar by the Registrar.

    Health records: found in the Student Health Center.

    Financial records: held in the Business Office by the Vice President of Finance.

    Progress records: held in the office of either the Academic Dean or the specific instructor.

    Disciplinary records: held by the Dean of Students in the Office of Student Life.

    Occasional records(students' educational records not included above, i.e., minutes of faculty committee meetings, copies of correspondence in offices not listed above, etc.): if such records are desired, the appropriate official will collect such records, direct you to their location, or otherwise make them available for inspection and review. 


    WLC does not sell textbooks on campus, so you need to order your books online before coming to campus. Textbook information is listed with your courses on myWLC (Students>Registration Information>My Course Schedule>Schedule Details). Click on the plus sign (+) next to a course number to see the titles and ISBN.  

    Use the ISBN to order your textbooks from any online source (such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Chegg, or AbeBooks). Remember that the textbook price showing with your course is the list price for new books. You may rent or buy used books unless the professor has specified a need for new books (primarily for workbooks and lab manuals). Note: The WLC mailroom does not accept Amazon deliveries on Sundays.

    If you are unsure of what to order, email your professor from your WLC email account with questions.


    Wisconsin Lutheran College evaluates credit in transfer for courses completed at colleges and universities with regional accreditation. Transferability is determined based on evaluation of official college or university transcripts. The decision to accept courses in transfer is based primarily on how individual courses compare in content, academic quality, and level to courses offered at Wisconsin Lutheran College. Catalog course descriptions and syllabi are used to determine appropriate placement and equivalency of transfer courses to Wisconsin Lutheran College. For coursework from institutions outside the United States, students must submit a course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services, Inc. (WES), Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), or International Education Services (IES).

    Courses are accepted for transfer to WLC if they meet the following criteria:

    1. Student received a grade of "C" or better for undergraduate courses, or "B" or better for graduate courses. Courses graded "pass" are accepted in transfer if the granting institution defined a pass grade as at least a "C" or better for undergraduate courses or a "B" or better for graduate courses. Incompletes, withdraws, audits, and continuing education units are not accepted. [Note: Specific WLC programs may have higher grade requirements for courses used to meet prerequisites or major/minor requirements.] Exception: Grades of "D" or better are accepted if it is part of a sequence of courses (i.e. Foreign language) in which the subsequent course is passed with a "C" or better.

    2. Transfer credit is NOT awarded for pre-college coursework intended to prepare students for college level work, including courses in:
      • GED preparation and adult basic education
      • Reading skills or vocabulary development
      • Developmental writing instruction
      • Mathematics below the college level, including arithmetic, elementary algebra, and intermediate algebra
    3. A student who transfers at least 60 credits is considered to have Advanced Transfer Status.

    4. For the B.A., B.S., or B.S.N. degrees, a maximum of 12 semester credits may be accepted in transfer from courses in the following areas:
      • Professional/technical fields intended to prepare students for jobs related to a specific trade
      • Physical education or First Aid/CPR
      • English as a Second Language (ESL)

    5. Students who transfer with a completed Associate of Arts, Science, or Fine Arts degree from the University of Wisconsin Colleges or the Wisconsin Technical College System are considered to have met the General Education requirements of WLC with the exception of two additional Theology courses. All credits earned with a passing grade transfer as long as the grade was awarded prior to the completion of the degree.

    6. Courses accepted in transfer are not used in the calculation of a student's cumulative GPA.

    Degree Requirements

    A minimum of 30 credits must be earned in residence at WLC, including at least 15 upper division credits (300 or higher) in the major used to satisfy the degree. A minimum of 60 credits must be earned at WLC to be eligible for Latin honors. Students who earn at least 48 credits at WLC are eligible for academic distinction.

    Number of Transfer Credits

    A maximum of 70 semester credits can be transferred from two-year institutions. Although no limit exists on the number of transfer credits from four-year institutions that may be accepted to WLC, not all transfer credits may be applicable to all programs. The number of transfer credits applied to any program depends on the applicability of the specific credits to the degree requirements.

    Age of Transfer Credits

    No restrictions are placed on the age of transfer credits as long as they meet the criteria for transferability and are for use as General Education or elective courses; however, regional accreditation must have been held by the granting institution at the time the courses were taken. Certain departments may have time limit requirements on courses used to satisfy the major.

    Transfer Credit Policy After Enrollment

    Once enrolled, students are to obtain permission from the Registrar's Office in order to have coursework from another institution accepted in transfer. If credits are to be used in a major/minor, department approval is required. Grade point deficiencies at WLC cannot be made up with transfer course credit.

    Repeated Courses

    Repeated courses only count once in total credits earned. If a student repeats a course at WLC which was previously accepted for credit at the time of transfer, the transferred credits will be removed from the student's record.

    Credit Hour Equivalencies

    Wisconsin Lutheran College operates on a semester system. Transfer credits based on a different unit of credit will be converted to semester credits before being transferred.

    Traditional Undergraduate Programs

    Wisconsin Lutheran College accepts credit earned through the following examination programs

    • College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
    • DSST Program (DANTES)
    • Advanced Placement (AP)
    • International Baccalaureate (IB)

    Transferability is determined from an official test score report. A maximum of 30 credits of credit by examination may be applied toward a bachelor's degree.

    Credit for Military Education and Experience

    Wisconsin Lutheran College accepts credit for armed service education and training according to the recommendations of the American Council on Education (ACE). Transferability is determined from an official military transcript or, for basic training, the student's DD-214. There is a 15 semester credit limit on the number of military credits that may be accepted in transfer to WLC, although not all military credits may be applicable to the GENEDS or specific programs.

    Adult and Graduate Studies - Non-traditional credits

    The undergraduate Adult and Graduate Studies program at Wisconsin Lutheran College accepts credit for non-traditional learning transcripted through a regionally accredited college or university or through the American Council on Education (ACE) according to the same guidelines given for traditional coursework. WLC does not accept in transfer credits for any form of learning unless transcripted. A maximum of 30 semester credits of prior learning from all institutions can be applied to a WLC degree from such programs as:

    • College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
    • DSST Program (DANTES)
    • Advanced Placement (AP)
    • Portfolio review (15 credit maximum)

    Articulation Agreements

    Adult and Graduate Studies:

    • Gateway Technical College
    • Madison Area Technical College
    • Milwaukee Area Technical College
    • Moraine Park Technical College
    • Waukesha County Technical College

    Disclaimer: The policies of this document are subject to change as deemed appropriate by the faculty, administration, or board of regents of Wisconsin Lutheran College. Any such changes may be implemented without prior notice, without obligation, and, unless specified, are effective when made.


    Withdrawal from Class

    After the second week and before the end of the tenth week of the semester, withdrawal from a course will be permitted with the approval of a student's advisor and a college dean. For such courses his or her record will show a W (withdrawal). The W will not be counted in computing his or her grade point average.

    Administrative Withdrawal

    Students may be administratively withdrawn from a course (face-to-face, hybrid, or online) at the request of a faculty member due to (1) failure to adhere to the course attendance policy as described in the course syllabus or (2) disruptive classroom behavior. The faculty member will make the request for administrative withdrawal, in writing, to the appropriate college dean. If, upon reviewing the case, the college dean decides that an administrative withdrawal is the appropriate course of action, he/she will inform the student, the faculty member, and the Registrar of that decision.

    Students should be aware that administrative withdrawal may have academic, financial, and financial aid implications. Administrative withdrawal will take place after the full refund period, and students that are administratively withdrawn from a course will not be eligible for a tuition refund. Administrative withdrawal from any course automatically voids the four-year graduation guarantee.

    Withdrawal from the College

    A student who voluntarily wishes to withdraw from the college must contact the Dean of Student Success and Retention to discuss procedures. Students who voluntarily leave the college before the end of the semester without completing the prescribed withdrawal procedures will be considered as still registered and will receive a grade of F (failing) for each course in which they are enrolled. 


    Please contact the Office of the Registrar if you need assistance.

    Brett Valerio,  Registrar,  414.443.8785, email